After the Fortnite was launched in 2017, fans of Xbox users have found their reason to celebrate as well. And with Fortnite being a cross-platform type of game, it’s such a pleasant treat that the Xbox One got support as well. Xbox gamers can play against Fortnite for Windows, Fortnite for Mac, Fortnite for Android and many more supported platforms. Unfortunately for the Xbox 360, the device does not support Unreal Engine 4, so that did not play out too well. So the Fortnite for Xbox 360 is not happening, but the Fortnite for Xbox One is currently live and kicking already.
Fortnite for Xbox One is currently garnering thousands and thousands of download every single day. Thanks to the game’s popularity and the trend that the battle royale genre created, the Fortnite is now a household name globally.
While the Fortnite: Save the World is a paid version, the Fortnite Battle Royale is a free one. You may download the game anytime as long as you have an internet connection. Please note that the game’s total file size is around 13GB. And considering the size, Fortnite is a huge and long download especially if you have a slow internet speed.
For those of you that are entirely new to operating the Microsoft Xbox One, we have prepared a short tutorial for you. This should make the installation a lot easier for you. We advise that you open this page to another device like your mobile phone or laptop to properly follow this guide.
How to Download and Install Fortnite for Xbox One
As mentioned earlier, the Fortnite for Xbox One is around 13GB of total file size. That is huge and will take some time to finish the download and install. So it would be best to let the download run without anything in the background also using the bandwidth. This way, there will be no interruption and the download could finish a lot faster.
If that’s clarified, we can now start. Here is the brief guide to download and install Fortnite for Xbox One.
- On your Xbox One, go to the Microsoft Store.
- Click on the “Search” button on the Store’s main page and type in the “Fortnite” word.
- Click on the “Search” button on the keyboard to show all available Fortnite-related products.
- Find the “Fortnite Battle Royale game” and take note of the “game” category. As you can see, there are other Fortnite titles along with the Fortnite game, but most of them are add-ons or some separate packages.
- Click on the Fortnite Battle Royale to go to its download page.
- On its download page, click on the “Install” button. This should start the download immediately.
- Once the download finishes, you may launch the game by clicking on the “Play” button.
Epic games Account
If this is your first time to play Fortnite, you should know that you will need an Epic Games account before you can access the game. Since the download will take a little longer, it is the best time to create an Epic Games account. After all, you will still need to do this before you can play the game. So you might as well create now while you are waiting.
You can do this on any other device if you want or you can use the Xbox One native browser. Here’s what you should do.
- Open a new tab and go to Epic Games official website—www.epicgames.com
- On the top-right corner, click on the “Sign In” button. If you are using a mobile device, tap on the three-lined button on the top-right corner to reveal the “Sign In” button and click on it.
- On the next page, click or tap on the “Sign Up” button. It should be at the bottom of the page.
- Once you see the Sign Up page, you may type in your personal details from location to name and other information. You will notice that aside from the Xbox logo, there are other platform logos up there. That is because the Fortnite for PS4 and Fortnite for Nintendo Switch are also playing this game. You can click or tap on the Xbox button on top of the page.
- On the next page, you will be asked if you have an existing Epic Games account with progress. Assuming that this is your first time, click or tap on the “Link to a new account” button.
- Tap or click on the “Confirm” button.
- The page will now reload and will ask you to verify the email you provided. This means that you will need to open your email inbox.
- In your email inbox, look for the Epic Games email or Microsoft’s and click on the confirmation URL.
- Wait for it to load and says verification successful or similar statement.
- That’s it. All that is left now is to wait for the Fortnite download and installation to finish.
The Fortnite Battle Royale is free to download and play without limits. But if you want to customize your character, the items are for sale on the in-game store. To do this, you will need to use the V-Bucks currency. It is a local currency for the game. To avail of this in-game currency, you will need to use real cash.
Now that you have the Fortnite for Xbox One installed let us be the first ones to welcome you to this community. We hope you have a great time.
For the Xbox 360 users, sadly, we do not have any good news for you. Let’s just hope that the developers from Epic Games will somehow manage to create a port of the game that will make it work for the device. The game’s current requirements just do not meet what the Xbox 360 has. But since some platforms have some special setup to run Fortnite Battle Royale such as Android, perhaps this is not as impossible as it seems.
So what do you think of Fortnite for Xbox One? Is it as good as they say it is according to your experience? Tell us in the comment section below. We will be more than happy to know your thoughts
If you have questions about this tutorial, feel free to leave a comment down below. We will try to answer all your queries at the soonest time possible. And please do not forget to share this with your friends that own an Xbox One console. This could help them as well in case they do not know that this game is already available.